Thursday, March 26, 2020

BEER PLACE REVIEWS


In De Vrede Café- Vleteren, Belgium

The map below will guide you to my beer reviews in any state with a * next to its two-letter postal abbreviation. If you're going there or are just curious, click on the state to read said review(s). To first read some general information about breweries and how to enjoy them, click here.

I’ve reviewed at least one brewery, brewpub, and/or bar in each state that’s colored like vomit. I’ve defined each as follows:
Brewery – An establishment known for beer which may also serve food
Brewpub – A restaurant that makes its own beer, which is featured second
Beer Bar – A place that serves beers made elsewhere and does a great job of catering to the beer world

Unless specifically noted, they all had a friendly staff.

For some brief information about me, I’ve lived in northern New Jersey for most of my life. I got into the “craft” beer scene around 2011. I interned at Cricket Hill for a few years before bartending at Departed Soles. Other than those jobs, I have not been involved in the beer industry and I have never homebrewed by myself. This experience has given me some insider knowledge while not quite making me a beer snob. I’ve written my reviews from a customer’s perspective because that’s largely what I am and who I’ve made this commentary available for.

If anybody’s interested, I adore Belgian beers, highly dislike IPAs, and if I had to pick a favorite beer, it would be Alaskan Amber.

Cheers!



My rating system


For the breweries, I’ve included if they are dog-friendly and/or provide their own food. Many don’t serve food but have a regular schedule of food trucks, which would be difficult for me to keep up with so check their websites for those.



I’ve tried to keep my reviews short and focused on the beer places themselves rather than my specific experiences, though sometimes that couldn't be helped. I want visitors to this website to have an idea of what to expect before going to each establishment.


The beer mug rating system is only for breweries and goes from 1 (low) to 5 (high). I did not rate brewpubs but included a note or two about them. Only bars that I praise highly have been added.

There is no zero rating because I wouldn't tell anyone not to go somewhere that interests them.

I’ve also included the last time I visited each place. If you have been there more recently and something is no longer true (such as they now serve food) or they've added something special that deserves mention, e-mail me at spoolygoo@gmail.com. If you work at one of these breweries and have a question, comment, or would like to correct something, please use the same e-mail address.

No comments:

Post a Comment