Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Chain Smoke

 

Chain Smoke

I tremble when you’re near me
But you don’t mean that much
I try not to get captivated by you
I’m not overwhelmed
Until I get one passionate touch

Grasped; for this moment I am yours
Clinging to your body like a life preserver
Embracing the space that connects us
One step at a time
Fearfully thinking, “Do I deserve her?”

Let me smoke your last cigarette
Until the end burns away
Hold it for me, I am weak
We are being surrounded
Captured by this cloud of gray

We are all alone now
In our own time and universe
Together forever, I want to cry
Tears of pain and joy and doubt
Mixed emotions are my curse

Your nails dig into my skin
And pierce me with pleasurable pain
Take them out
Let the blood drip down
We can pretend to dance in the rain

I know this will not last
A year, a month, or even less
So let me hold you here now
And enjoy what little I have
Maybe tomorrow I’ll try to rest…

No comments:

Post a Comment