Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Your Name

 

Your Name

 blood covers my hands
dripped down from my wrists
the slits spell out your name
it’s too short
and didn’t cause enough damage
I’m still here to write this
why couldn’t your name be
Jennifer or Isabelle?
then I’d be dead for sure
even this is your fault
thoughtless liar
how could I do this to myself?
look in the mirror
look through it
through yourself
your sight won’t be
obstructed by a heart
you are transparent
like a ghost
and almost as haunting
nearly as make-believe
the blood is so red
just like my eyes
mad that I’m still alive
I want us to be opposites
one of us must go
I’ve tried and now it’s your turn
try spelling out my name
if you can remember it
your name was carved into me
from the moment we met
but now it’ll be there
forever
the slits spell out your name
too bad every letter is a straight line…

No comments:

Post a Comment