Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Bleeding In The Dark

 

Bleeding In The Dark

 On a couch in a dark basement
I can’t see the ceiling
but I stare at it anyway
tossing, turning, breaking
thinking, questioning
what did today mean?
will tomorrow be as useless?
what has my life become?
I lack courage and fear change
I turn to look at the wall and see darkness
Nothing
Even when the lights are on I see
Nothing
what is all this?
these things I see are empty
they are reflections of me
self-importance, self-doubt, self-preservation
I can’t find myself
it’s too dark down here
I feel around for a sign of life
my skin is wet
but I’m not sweating
it’s raining in the basement or I’m bleeding
either way it’s a miracle
blood would prove I’m alive
why lead this rainy life?
existence, not life
to live means to have purpose
this couch lives
the dark wall lives
even the rain is important
my blood is filled with disease
crimson rivers can flow
where the ground is even
pouring like a waterfall
from openings in arms
darkness
I can’t even see this happening
existence, not life…

No comments:

Post a Comment