Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Mercury

 

Mercury

 I clutched your words tightly
and fell asleep with the lights on
something I could never do
I twitched until I woke up
and my sheets were on the floor
I didn’t need them
you were there when I was cold
both inside and out
outside and in
I kissed your picture and smiled
it hurt my face
you never touched me but you never had to
you kept me strong
on nights weak with temptation
not knowing what to think
not thinking
I could count on you when everyone else lied
because you were not real

I heard your hypnotic voice
but only when I hit play
sound effects and ceiling fans didn’t matter
you are golden
yet so dead inside
you gave me life with every word
my temperature could only rise
there’s nothing below
absolute zero
what do I need from you?
don’t insult me with love
just be there for me
regardless
let me hold you and listen
your words match my heartbeat
gentle and soft
yet full of rage
you echo through my insides
and stick to me like paste
don’t tell me when you’re leaving
just be there for me
regardless…

No comments:

Post a Comment