Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Knots

 

Knots

you are twice as beautiful
as watching smoke evaporate
into thin air
such fragile emotions shared
bound tightly by cautiousness

feelings of separation and hope
feelings of sheer terror

my stomach is turning over
tying knots within itself
it rumbles
and screams out “I need you”
but stays deep inside

feelings of fear and regret
feelings of familiarity

you look at me
and seconds last forever
time is real no more
except for healing pain
it has been long enough

feelings of jealousy and doubt
feelings of giving in

your eyes speak novels
written out of confusion and loss
I feel like I can read them
I thumb through the pages
searching for the next chapter

feelings of happiness and guilt
feelings of repossession

standing in a darkened room
you echo with your skin
touch me and I’ll break
my eyes fixed on your face
I never want to look at anything else

feelings of instinct and punishment
feelings of desperation

you light up my night sky
stars obstructed by clouds
I get lost searching for you
but find new things along the way
you are within my grasp

feelings of something meaningful…

No comments:

Post a Comment