Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Jacqueline

 

Jacqueline

had I been born a woman
I could have experienced true pain
not childbirth
not pregnancy
not cramps
but the truest pain
that only men can give
I would have been objectified
solidified and burned
I would have been mistreated
used and shunned away
I would have been beautiful
people would have touched me just to touch more
I would have been useful
at the right time and place

had I been born a woman
I could have experienced true love
making love
breaking love
faking love
I would have known how it felt
to get flowers for no reason
and a poem written about me
I would have jogged past construction workers
whenever I felt ugly
I would have written the world’s prettiest song
but only have it listened to
because of my blue eyes
I would have “experimented” with other girls
out of boredom and pleasure
I would have used my looks to my advantage
I would have gotten what I wanted

had I been born a woman
my name would have been
Jacqueline…

No comments:

Post a Comment