Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Misty, Missed

  

Misty, Missed

I don't miss your body
I miss your embrace
I miss nuggling and nibbling
I miss walking to see you
I miss sweating next to you
both asleep and awake

but I need you to be away
so I can feel these emotions too
your yellow eyes explode
and trace your outline onto my skin
hold my hand and melt into me

staring at your picture
your smile is sharp
it slices me open
allowing me to write these words
or let them spill onto blank pages
what would I be without you?
just paper and glue
paper and glue

everything is more important than it ever was
everything is more important than it ever was

your voice is like
running into the ocean
with waves crashing against me
rough yet soothing
relaxing
I want it to be playing
over and over
in my head

a dollar and five cents
is what it now costs to see you
but I would pay anything
because our time together is priceless

everything is more important than it ever was

dark benches and parking lots
are what we have now
and it's not even the same
since we have to go home after
but this is all just yearning
through anything we can prevail
nothing can stop trueness

on lonely nights look at the moon
my eyes are on it too
this connects us
the space
the miles
the distance between us
is only physical
you are always here with me
here with me
being Misty, missed...

No comments:

Post a Comment