Wednesday, August 07, 2024

On The Balcony

 

On The Balcony

 you are so beautiful I want to scream
you make reality better than any dream
I want to smash you, break you
erase you from existence
this world doesn't deserve you
it's far too ugly
angels rarely have names
but I know yours
when silence is broken you are there
your radiant face lights up my darkest nights
Orion will never look the same
it will always take your shape
I want to be your air, your blood
and give a different meaning for red
feel my heart and never let go
cherished, I could not ask for better
I wish I could get lost in you
only to escape and find you again
I've been dreaming of you for so long
now you're real and I want to wake up
each cigarette tastes sweeter
since you came into my reckless life
you make sense because you don't blur
nighttime explodes when you look at me
I want to worship every part of you
I'd go anywhere for you
the end of the earth couldn't end my feelings
life is short and love is shorter
all I want is one moment
that would last forever
I'd never have to look at you twice
I knew from the first time our eyes met
that your image would be with me forever
kissing you feels like my favorite song,
a clear night sky over an open field
and Christmas when I still believed in Santa
all wrapped in one amazing gift
that one night on the balcony
repeats itself every night
before I go to sleep
then I start dreaming, and there you are again
amazing as ever
you are so beautiful I want to scream
you make reality better than any dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment