Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Blank Page

 

Blank Page

I have nothing to write about
I don't mean I can't think of anything
There is nothing
Every poem has been written
Every song has been sung
Every idea has been thought
There is no room for change
I don't have any time
I want to invent something
But I would have to use other inventions to do so
That doesn't seem fair
If I could stop time I would readjust everything
Altered states for alternate futures
In this world,
Originality is a crime
Those who roar the loudest are seldom heard
They are fed to the lions
Everything is set
And screams out to be broken
Anyone could've written Stairway To Heaven
But a certain group of people did
And they deserve their fame
No one should profit off of others
Maybe I can fool them into loving me
They cannot see how empty I am
The critics point at me and laugh
The critics are everyone
They won't like my new poem
But I'm proud of it
At least it's something I accomplished
I wasn't handed my pride
By something I can't control
Oh well, forget it
This was all useless
I should have left this as a blank page...

No comments:

Post a Comment