Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Sorrow & Things You Never Knew

Sorrow & Things You Never Knew

 (I’m sorry) I don’t know how to act around you
(I’m sorry) I left you a long message when I was drunk
(I’m sorry) I drank to take my mind off of you
(I’m sorry) I didn’t give you more time
(I’m sorry) I cried myself to sleep more than once
(I’m sorry) it was awkward
(I’m sorry) I didn’t talk to you the first time I saw you
(I’m sorry) I fell in love the first time I saw you
(I’m sorry) I repeat myself constantly
(I’m sorry) I hated your ex-boyfriend
(I’m sorry) I couldn’t admit it was sheer jealousy
(I’m sorry) I smiled every time you called
(I’m sorry) I can’t look at you for more than ten seconds
(I’m sorry) I told my friends how much I care about you
(I’m sorry) I didn’t know you had feelings for me
(I’m sorry) I never thanked you for waiting a week
(I’m sorry) I’m so distant
(I’m sorry) I let bad experiences make me act irrationally
(I’m sorry) I didn’t dress as Elvis on Halloween
(I’m sorry) I daydreamt at the show we went to
(I’m sorry) it’ll sound corny if you ask me why
(I’m sorry) there are three dents in the circuit breaker cover
(I’m sorry) I never realized how fragile you are
(I’m sorry) I’m so fucked up emotionally
(I’m sorry) I can only truly express myself on paper
(I’m sorry) I never took you out to dinner
(I’m sorry) I didn’t pick up on the hints you dropped
(I’m sorry) it would be impossible to only be your friend
(I’m sorry) it always was
(I’m sorry) I put you through more confusion than you need
I’m sorry for the stupid things I haven’t done yet
I’m sorry for making you read this
I’m sorry for writing it
I’m so sorry…

 


No comments:

Post a Comment