Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Dream Girl

 

Dream Girl

 what happens
when fantasy becomes reality
when all you've ever wanted
is suddenly within your grasp

someone so amazing
I don't want to describe with words
there are none that powerful
I tremble when I think of her
she gave me a plastic knife
and I understood why
it made me love her more
speak her name
and it echoes through the universe
when she holds me so passionately
"I like where this is going"
and I know it's finally real
for years I could only dream about her
then suddenly she was there

three years later,
a day hadn't gone by that she wasn't in my thoughts
not knowing what to say
feeling awkward in her stunning presence
I am shadowed by silence

then one day,
everything that was broken came together
it seemed that things were meant to be
I was finally optimistic
all bad things that had happened to me
were made up for, with her
it made sense and everything was so clear
the sky was blue and I heard birds

but they were warning me, not singing
"she'll leave you empty" they said
they knew I'd pour my feelings onto her
leaving me with nothing inside

the birds were right
a month went by and it all changed
good was bad again, as optimism returned to doubt
(basically, things were back to normal)
everything happened so quickly
I can only describe it as drowning,
someone saving my life with air,
then clamping my mouth shut
it hurt so bad

if I truly want to be with her
I'll just go back to sleep
and never wake up...

No comments:

Post a Comment